At MSK, we offer urgent and prompt assessment of all acute shoulder and knee injuries including fractures. Whether you have injured yourself during the week, while participating in weekend sports or even on the ski slopes, we keep specific appointments each week so that Dr. Austin Vo can assess and expedite your management. We understand how distressing it can be to be out of action after an injury, so our aim is to get you back in the game quickly.
Acute Assessment and Management
At the Urgent Knee Clinic you will receive:
- An early assessment within 1 week.
- Professional injury management to facilitate an early return to sport.
- Urgent MRI scans and other imaging as required.
- Dedicated access to physios and sports medicine partners.
Urgent Injury Patients
Patients suitable for this clinic are those who have:
- A recent acute injury (sporting or recreational activities).
- Aggravated an existing knee injury.
- Been advised by their GP that immediate attention is required.
- or attended an Emergency Department and been told further management is required.
Urgent Injury Referrers
If you have a patient with an urgent shoulder or knee injury, you can obtain urgent appointments or just receive prompt advice by:
- You will then be provided with Dr. Austin Vo’s direct mobile number and he will be more than happy to advise you over the phone.
Requirements for Urgent Injury Clinic Appointment
Patients requiring an urgent appointment should:
- Contact MSK directly by telephone on (03) 9928-6388 any time.
- Diagnostic imaging is not essential (this can be arranged after a review if indicated).
- Referral from another doctor to allow you to claim Medicare rebates for your consultation.